The LIMUN Eye

The official newspaper for the London International Model United Nations, keep checking to find the latest updates on what's going on in the committees. Also check out our Twitter - LIMUNEye2010 .

Saturday 20 February 2010

Spotted: He-in Cheong


Director of EU on her journey from falling asleep in a High-school MUN to becoming a MUN whiz..

> Home town
That's such a difficult question for me! I was born in Seoul, Korea
but I lived in Berlin, Germany for 10 years. So when I go back to
Seoul, I feel like a foreigner. So I guess my home town is Berlin?

> Longer term career plans
Mechanical Engineer!!

> What you look for in a good delegate
Any tolerable delegate with great persuasive skills and excellent
background knowledge of the country s/he's representing.

> What traits do you not appreciate in delegates
Arrogance, and when a delegate expects an award, it makes the chairs
not want to give you one. the conference is not about the award.

> Ideal nation to represent at MUN and why;
Any EU nation is easier for me to represent because I know the most
about EU countries, but any country with a strong view is more fun to
represent. Like North Korea in IAEA would be exciting.


> Nation you'd least like to be at an MUN and why;
Holy See. You don't get to vote..

> Funniest/ best MUN pickup line you've heard
Delegate of Brazil's Pom-pom tastes so spicy! (Insider)

> Largest MUN conflict you've ever been a part of or seen
At every conference printing is such a BIG issue!!


> How hard is it not to get involved in debates and maintain neutrality?
Sometimes you just want to stand up and tell each individual what to
say, but I play that in my head instead of acting it out for real.

> One currently active international (political etc) figure you admire
Ban Ki Mun

> How do you prevent the committee sessions from getting too dry?
Bring in water! Give breaks, open windows, and send some delegates
notes with ideas to make the debate more interesting.

> In what way would you change the permanent composition of the UN?
Korea should be a permanent member of the Security Council, please. Ha-ha.

> Three random facts about you
-I love mechanical clocks
-I make politically incorrect jokes (I won't make them at MUN...I'll
try at least)
-I love crazy adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment